[mapserver-users] - SQL Server 2008

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 06:37:51 EST 2011

Hi,

I think the OGR MSSQL Spatial driver would be a better choice than OGR ODBC
to connect to MS SQL Server 2008. You may however specify the driver in the
connection string explicitly. The default is driver={SQL Server} which may
not be sufficient in non Windows environments. You may probably use:

"MSSQL:driver=FreeTDS;..."

You may also require to use the latest SVN (trunk or branch-1-8) in order
to get it working.

Best regards,

Tamas