[mapserver-users] WFS fails is PostGIS table has capital characters in the name

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Dec 15 07:51:59 EST 2011

Hi,

Well, this works really:
  DATA 'the_geom from "mml_AVI1_l" using unique gid using srid=3067'

There must by outer single quetes and inner double ones. But this has a funny side effect. GetFeatures are working now both with &typeName=mml_AVI1_l and &typeName=mml_avi1_l.  Usually in OWS services the values in the key/value pairs are case sensitive.

Single quotes inside double ones do not work because they are directly included in the SQL . The following definition
DATA "the_geom from 'mml_AVI1_l' using unique gid using srid=3067"
leads to SQL query containing
SELECT ... from 'mml_AVI1_l' ...

Double quote naturally breaks the DATA line,

I have renamed my  tables to use only undercase but direct import of shapefiles can easily create mixed case table names.

A related question, does WFS schema officially accept uppercase letters in typeNames?  It is different thing than the real names of database tables but I am mostly using the the table names also as typeNames. The WFS clients which I am using have not complained about mixed case names. TinyOWS accepts those too.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

--
Michael Smith

US Army Corps