[mapserver-users] mapserver compiled with jpeg v7 and GDAL with internal JPEG results in core dumps (SIGSEGV)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Dec 15 17:30:18 EST 2011

Le jeudi 15 décembre 2011 23:21:22, Ethan Alpert a écrit :
> It builds find but gdal_translate complains when you run it that the jpeg
> version is not 62

Hum, did you check the include line when the jpeg driver is compiled ? I guess
there must be in it the path to the include files of the "old" libjpeg version
(perhaps in /usr/include). Looking at GDAL makefiles, they make sure to not
include the internal libjpeg header if GDAL is configured for external libjpeg
build, so I don't think the issue comes from here. But if you have libjpeg 6.2
headers in /usr/include and libjpeg 7 headers in /usr/local/include, a big
mess could happen.