[mapserver-users] Get MAP file CLASSes with no data - empty

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Mon Dec 19 15:45:21 EST 2011

Michal

I hope I understood your question correctly...:

the following code returns all class indexes for the provided layer and
full map extent that appear in the data.

$me = $map->extent;
$layer->open();
$status = $layer->whichShapes($me);
$classWithData = array();
while ($shape = $layer->nextShape()) {
     $shpIdx = $shape->index;
     $clsIdx = $layer->getClassIndex($shape);
     if (!in_array($clsIdx, $classWithData) && $clsIdx >= 0) {
         $classWithData[] = $clsIdx;
     }
}
$layer->close();

You could use this to get first all classes *with* data and then
calculate the difference of this array with the array of total classes.
The resulting array should contain the classes that are *not represented
in the data* , like

$allClasses = range(0, $layer->numclasses-1);
$noDataList = array_diff($allClasses, $classWithData);
print_r($noDataList);

Note however that this works like listed above only for layers that have
the same projection as the map. If both projections are different then
the call of "$layer->nextShape()" causes a segmentation fault (in both
MS 5.6 and 6). In this case you need to re-project the layer beforehand
to the projection of the map, then it should work.

Armin