[mapserver-users] font support problem

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jun 1 09:49:52 EDT 2011

./configure can not find your truetype font includes and/or libs. You
need to make sure you have the truetype package installed on Linux this
is called something like freetype2. On my debian system:

ls /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/
config        ftcid.h     ftimage.h   ftmodapi.h  ftsnames.h  ftxf86.h
freetype.h    fterrdef.h  ftincrem.h  ftmoderr.h  ftstroke.h  t1tables.h
ftbbox.h      fterrors.h  ftlcdfil.h  ftotval.h   ftsynth.h   ttnameid.h
ftbdf.h       ftgasp.h    ftlist.h    ftoutln.h   ftsystem.h  tttables.h
ftbitmap.h    ftglyph.h   ftlzw.h     ftpfr.h     fttrigon.h  tttags.h
ftcache.h     ftgxval.h   ftmac.h     ftrender.h  fttypes.h   ttunpat.h
ftchapters.h  ftgzip.h    ftmm.h      ftsizes.h   ftwinfnt.h

ls /usr/lib/libfreetype.*
/usr/lib/libfreetype.a   /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
/usr/lib/libfreetype.la  /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6.3.18
/usr/lib/libfreetype.so

-Steve W