[mapserver-users] Re: ANGLE FOLLOW and Label Offset (v. 5.6.6)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jun 6 10:02:34 EDT 2011

There was some recent discussion on the dev list about potentially using
the GEOMTRANSFORM to do something like a single sided offset then using
that to apply the label to. BUT I do not think that has been implemented
yet in mapserver.

Google for "mapserver geomtransform" also look at "geoprocessing" for
some other ideas.

Anyway, you might be able to do what you want if you:

1. import your data into PostGIS
2. create offset geometry in another table
3. export that table to a shapefile
4. then label that as an annotation layer so you do not draw the
geometry only the label and use the original data to draw the grometry
ie: two layers.

I have not tried this, but it might solve your problem.

-Steve W