[mapserver-users] Labels rendering different in MS 5.4 and 5.6

Michael Pfeiffer Michael.Pfeiffer at bd.so.ch
Wed Jun 8 02:18:34 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with rendering my Labels after upgrading from MS 5.4 to
5.6.
The rendering in 5.6 differs from rendering in 5.4 (see attached pictures)
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6452476/MS54.png

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6452476/MS56.png

You can clearly see the difference for the house numbers.
In MS 5.4 they are more broad and they are positioned below/above the line.
In MapServer 5.6 they are positioned on the line.
Here the appendent part of the Mapfile

.
.
.
FONTSET "../../fonts/fonts.list"
RESOLUTION 96
DEFRESOLUTION 96
.
.
.
LAYER
  NAME bdbed6 #Ortsplan#Legende
  GROUP "Ortsplan"
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "dbname=sogis host=localhost user=mspublic"
  DATA "wkb_geometry from kva_av_gebadr using SRID=-1"
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  FILTER "archive=0"
  LABELITEM "polizein"
  #LABELCACHE ON
  POSTLABELCACHE TRUE
  MINSCALEDENOM 1
  MAXSCALEDENOM 3000
  #TEMPLATE ttt
  METADATA
    dis_name "ortsplan"
    "SKIP_LEGEND"  "2"
  END
  CLASS
    MINSCALEDENOM 100
    MAXSCALEDENOM 1300
    LABEL
      ANGLE [txt_rot]
      TYPE truetype
      FONT verdana_italic_fett
      COLOR 0 0 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
      MINSIZE 4
      MAXSIZE 11
      SIZE 11
      POSITION cc
    END
  END
END

The font is in the same file as the fonts.list
The Map is generated with MapScript and not with cgi
PHP 5.3.2 Apache 2

Any ideas? Is it a MapServer problem or coluld there be another reason for
this?
Thx in advance for your hints

Michael