[mapserver-users] Fixed labels for polygons

Ambrogio Foletti afoletti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 04:18:11 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I just subscribed to the list so I want to say hello before posing my
question ;-)

And here's my problem: I have a lot of contiguous polygons who need to be
labelled. In general this is no problem, but I need to generate the tiles
for a WMTS service and the fact that the labels are not fixed but floating
aroud, rearranging at every pan and zoom, is indeed an issue.
I read the documentation but as I understand it the "POSITION" parameter
only tells mapserver the priority and not the absolute emplacement of the
label.
Is there a way to tell MapServer to always draw the label at a fixed
position (over the gravity centre?) on the polygon?

Thanks for your help
A.