[mapserver-users] different maps

Leticia Gomez lgomez at itba.edu.ar
Thu Jun 9 05:46:03 EDT 2011

I am new in Mapserver. I need to develop a Web application where different
maps can be display (browse) in the same page. But all the examples that I
find consist on displaying different maps as "layers" in the same image
(overlapped). I need that the page manage different "zones", each on with
its map and layers. Each zone must be managed separately, i.e. the user
might zoom one zone and not the other ones, etc.

Is it possible with MapServer?

I read the documentation and find that there exists only one "map variable"
global to the web page. I developed a page with multiple image tags, but all
of them are associated with the same "map variable", so they move altogether
in the same map.

Thanks in advance,

Leticia