[mapserver-users] Asking for guidelines about a project

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Jun 14 10:44:08 EDT 2011

Saka,

   I've had good success using PostGIS for data storage in implementing
tracking systems.  While you'll need to create your own code for
updating the positions in the database, mapserver can read points from
PostGIS and can render the points into a map image for use with the
OpenLayers client.

   There are other solutions too, like OpenGTS
(http://opengts.sourceforge.net/index.html)

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser