[mapserver-users] Problems installing MapScript on Mac OSx

Ron Alt ron.alt at taxadmin.org
Mon Jun 20 12:25:36 EDT 2011

Hello: I am a beginner with Mapserver and would appreciate any help.

I am having touble installing mapscript on a Mac osx 10.5 & 6.

I have used the installers developed by William Kyngesburye at http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/mapserver.
The installers have run sucessfully, but it appears as though Mapscript did not install.

The mapserver cgi responds.
The php server responds.

However, when viewing the phpinfo(), there is not information displayed for mapscript.
Also, I get an error when sending running a simple script [cannot find dl("php_mapscript.so");]

Questions:
Where are the mapscript files stored on OSx? (I cannot find them anywhere)
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with this build?
Are there any other installers for Macs?

note, I also tried his vers. 5.6.6-3 installer, but it would not work with the current UnixImageIO framework.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ron Alt
FTA