[mapserver-users] Problems installing MapScript on Mac OSx

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jun 20 14:52:36 EDT 2011

First, the web server may need to be restarted, though the installer usually does this.

But it's probably PHP.  PHP 5.3 now does not allow (by default) dl() loading of extensions, so your script that tries to dl('php_mapscript.so') will fail.  It can be enabled, but I can't get this to work in my PHP package.  So you need to add the extension to your php.ini.  I just noticed that I missed this bit in my Mapserver installer, so you need to do it yourself.

Edit /usr/local/php5cgi/lib/php.ini and add this line (there is a "Dynamic Extensions" section, but it can go anywhere):

extension=php_mapscript.so