[mapserver-users] Mapserver 6.0 regex

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 13:38:32 EDT 2011

I have one (hopefully the last!) problem with migrating from Mapserver 4.6
to 6.0, this time over the use of regex.

Using Mapscript  on a Fedora platform I have been setting a filter in this
manner:

$map=newMapobj("/var/www/vhosts/mysite/httpdocs/test.map");

$layer1=$map->getLayerByName("test1");

$layer1->set("filteritem", "Attribute1");

$layer1->setFilter("/target/");

This worked fine, but not anymore.  I see in the migration guide that a
regex should now be delineated as a string so I assume that "/target/"
should become "target". But that doesn't work either.

I am wondering if part of the problem is that as well as going from
Mapserver 4.6 to 5.0 I also changed from Fedora to Ubuntu 10.04, and I see
from the Mapserver documentation on Expressions that the OS may affect regex
operation.

Am I missing something obvious here?   I am really tired of going in circles
over this.

Chris