[mapserver-users] Mapserver layer - MySQL connection

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 03:12:56 EDT 2011

Hi all

I'm using Mapserver 6.0 and I have GDAL  1.8.0 installed, running under
Ubuntu 10.04.  I am trying to make a connection from a layer to MySQL,
following the guidance given in the MySQL section of Mapserver
documentation. My problem is that when I try to connect using ogrinfo like:

~# ogrinfo mysql:testDB, user=root, password=mysql, port=3306

I get a mySQL connect failure message "ERROR 1: MySQL connect failed for:
testDB, Access denied for user'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

It seems that MySQL is refusing this connection request because the password
that I entered in the ogrinfo command is not being passed to MySQL and I
can't find a way to overcome this. The same user name and password work fine
if I access MySQL directly rather than via ogrinfo.

Does anyone have an idea what my problem is?

Chris