[mapserver-users] not able to label a feature with concatenated strings (data field + string literal)

Ralf Trier Ralf.Trier at logos-ib.de
Mon Jun 27 09:33:00 EDT 2011

I' am updated to PHP-Script Version 6.0.

I older version I labeled features with concatenated strings (data field
+ string literal).

The documentation of the class section says that Text can be set like:
Text ([FIRSTNAME],[LASTNAME])
According to the Migration Guide I can use
TEXT ([area] + ' acres')
TEXT '[area] acres'
None of these 3 versions work.

Mostly I get an error like:
yyparse(): Expression parser error. syntax error
msShapeGetAnnotation: Expression parser error. Failed to process text
expression:

Any idea, what I can do.