[mapserver-users] not able to label a feature with concatenated strings (data field + string literal)

Lime, Steve D (DNR) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Mon Jun 27 11:10:45 EDT 2011

Hi Ralf: There looks to be an error in the migration guide with one of
the examples. Specifically:

  TEXT ([area] + ' acres') should be TEXT ('[area]' + ' acres')

You have to explicitly cast the attribute area to a string. That said
TEXT '[area] acres' should work. What output/error do you get with that?
The new expression parsing isn't used at all in that case so I would
expect something different that what's below.

Steve