[mapserver-users] mapserver WMS

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jun 27 09:54:25 EDT 2011

Which version of MapServer?

Line 47 in the map that you pasted is the end of the first layer
definition. Are you sure that you copied the right mapfile?

The error suggests an error loading a hashtable, which would be the
METADATA block just before the TYPE keyword (as if something was wrong
with your metadata block). Perhaps try removing the "##required" comment
in the metadata block. I'm not aware of any version of MapServer
suffering of this kind of problem with comments inside METADATA blocks,
but ya never know...

Oh wait... I think I found it... it must be a combination of the comment
at the end of the line, combined with incorrect line ends for your
platform... (Windows CRLF vs Linux/Unix CR) the result is that the "END"
delimiter of the metadata block is not seen (it's considered part of the
comment on the previous line) Removing the comments at the end of the
lines, or cleaning up the line breaks should fix the problem.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/