[mapserver-users] queryByFeatures not working in 5.6.6?

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Tue Mar 1 11:56:12 EST 2011

We are upgrading our MapServer installation to 5.6.6, and now are
finding a problem with queries that were previously working.

I'm tracing the problem to a queryByFeatures operation.  We are taking a
selected parcel and querying a zoning layer to see what zones are
intersected by the parcel.  We are able to successfully select the
parcel by a queryByAttributes.  We get the shape from the selected
parcel, then attempt a queryByFeatures.  But no results are returned for
the zoning layer.

As I mentioned earlier, this was functioning properly in the previous
version of MapServer.  Is there a change in syntax or something else
that I'm not aware of?

Here is some of the code to perform the query:

-At this point, a parcel has been selected...

// Loop through the results set (there should only be one), get the
shape, and save the

// shape attributes.

for ($i=0; $i<=($oLayer_lurc_parcels->getNumResults() - 1); $i++) {

            $oResult = $oLayer_lurc_parcels->getResult($i);

            $oLayer_lurc_parcels->open();

            $oShape =
$oLayer_lurc_parcels->getFeature($oResult->shapeindex,-1);

            $TPL = $oShape->getValue($oLayer_lurc_parcels,"TPL");

            $_SESSION['results']['TPL'][$_SESSION['nresults']] =
substr($TPL,0,5);

            $oLayer_lurc_parcels->close();

}

// Perform the intersection; query the zones layer with the parcel
feature.  Again, should

// only be one parcel.

$oLayer_lurc_zones->queryByFeatures($oLayer_lurc_parcels->index);