[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo crashes MapServer 5.6.6

Richard Matsunaga richard.matsunaga at troocorp.com
Mon May 2 10:33:04 EDT 2011

I’ve been trying to get GetFeatureInfo working with MapServer 5.6.6 and have
found that if one of several layers returns “Search returned no results”
then the query will fail and the server will return a 500 – Internal Server
Error. If I query the one layer, I will get a normal “Search returned no
results” return.

We have several (too many) versions of MapServer running on our server and I
have found that older versions will work, but anything after 5.2 will not.
The server is running CentOS and the MapServer versions have been built from
scratch, although I don’t know much more than that. We have no issues with
GetMap requests on these map files on any version of MapServer.

When the error occurs, there are no MapServer logs generated. The only clue
is in the messages log:

… kernel: mapserv-test[4192] trap stack segment rip:3dad072cd1
rsp:7fff6e2b5080 error:0

In trying to troubleshoot this, I installed ms4w with MapServer 5.6.6 on my
Windows PC and it works in all scenarios.

Any ideas what might be going on? Have we built MapServer incorrectly? Is
there any way to get more detailed logging?

Thanks,

Richard