AW: [mapserver-users] Some issues with SLD and MapServer 6.0.0 Beta RC1

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon May 2 13:53:58 EDT 2011

On 29/04/2011 5:38 PM, Arnd Wippermann wrote:
> Hi
>
> Here you can online see
>
> external graphic mostly not showing
> http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL210/MapServer_SLD_World/MapServ
> er_SLD_World.asp?SLDsrcIdx=51&mapservVersion=6.0.0
>
> Perhaps it has something to do with the complexity of the polygons. Locally
> test with simplier polygons works. But also with the simplier polygons it
> doesn't show the graphic if i apply the sld file from
> http://demo.mapserver.org/ogc-demos/map/sld/sld_polygon_fill_symbol_external
> .xml (gif image).
>
> Rotated square not like 5.6.1
> http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL210/MapServer_SLD_World/MapServ
> er_SLD_World.asp?SLDsrcIdx=51&mapservVersion=6.0.0

Are the above 2 demos still work? I see "broken" tiles. As I mentioned
initially, I was not able to see the problem with my test using external
symbols. I just also used a copy of your sld (pointing to an external
symbol on your server) and was also able to get expected result. Same
with the sld on mapserver site.
Please file a bug with data/map that shows the problem and I can spend
more time on it.
> borders as thin lines without stroke set
> http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL210/MapServer_SLD_World/MapServ
> er_SLD_World.asp?SLDsrcIdx=52&mapservVersion=6.0.0

I see that on your server. One test to do is to put your map in debug
and see the map file that is produced after the sld is applied. It
should only have one class with one style for the fill. If that is not
that case, please report.
> The patch I cannot test. I'm not able to compile MapServer by myself.
>
> Thank for watching the points
I will apply the patch when MapServer trac/svn come back. It should be
available fr the next release.

best regards,

> Regards,
> Arnd