[mapserver-users] DBF editor for adding fields

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 4 08:21:08 EDT 2011

On 11-05-04 7:19 AM, nikos at maich.gr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FWIW, years ago we developed a small tool to update fields/columns of a
> shapefile dbf from a flatfile. This was essentially additions to
> shapelib/dbflib that added a few additional
> functions such as DBFWriteStringAttributeList and
> DBFWriteDoubleAttributeList.
>
> The lib was additionally built as a loadable module under tcl...
>
> Usage was like
> UpdateDBF {DBFName txtDataFile txtFieldName FieldNo}
>
> IIRC, we submitted the changes to shapelib maintainer, but I don't know
> if they ever made it..
> Let me know and I can send it over with some basic usage instructions...

Hello,

Did you follow the instructions on http://shapelib.maptools.org/ to
submit your changes through Bugzilla?
http://bugzilla.maptools.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Shapelib  Your direct
email to the maintainers might have been lost, so it's always good to
file a ticket in the bug tracker, and then you can follow along with the
development.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna