[mapserver-users] Mapserver configure error libgd.so

Sarel Coetzer geotech.sarel at gmail.com
Wed May 4 07:46:20 EDT 2011

HI

I am building mapserver on Ubuntu 10.10 and hit a wall. I have been
searching for solutions but cant find any. Your help will be greatly
apprecaited.

Problem:
./configure mapserver 5.6.6 runs into error:
"Could not find gd.h or lib.gd.a/libgd.so in /opt/lampp/lib".

All my libraries are present under /opt/lampp/lib.

I did notice there is a gdFontCacheSetup issue.

Anyone has any ideas. I have seen these issues over and over again in the
past 7 years but no real solution.

Your help will be amazing.

Regards
Sarel