[mapserver-users] Mapserver configure error libgd.so

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed May 4 12:31:30 EDT 2011

On 11-05-04 07:46 AM, Sarel Coetzer wrote:
> HI
> I am building mapserver on Ubuntu 10.10 and hit a wall. I have been
> searching for solutions but cant find any. Your help will be greatly
> apprecaited.
> Problem:
> ./configure mapserver 5.6.6 runs into error:
> "Could not find gd.h or lib.gd.a/libgd.so in /opt/lampp/lib".

The error message should also say:
"... Make sure GD 2.0.16 or higher is compiled before calling configure.
You may also get this error if you didn't specify the appropriate
location for one of GD's dependencies (freetype, libpng, libjpeg or
libiconv)."

Is your GD version 2.0.16 or more recent? Did you check that all GD
dependencies are satisfied? And that libgd.so is present in
/opt/lampp/lib (i.e. not just libgd.so.xx)

> All my libraries are present under /opt/lampp/lib.
> I did notice there is a gdFontCacheSetup issue.

The gdFontCacheSetup test is to ensure we have GD 2.0.16 or more recent.
What is the Issue with this test exactly? Does it just say "no" at the
end of the test or is there an explicit error message?

You may also want to look at the config.log file... it may contain hints
as to why the GD lib test fails.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/