[mapserver-users] RE: Problems with Query Template (Chameleon)

Andy Hird andy.hird at aligned-assets.co.uk
Wed May 4 08:07:41 EDT 2011

Jeff,

I have ruled it out from being a chameleon issue - as the issue still occurs
when using the ITASCA demo.  to replicate I created a tab file using ogr2ogr
ie:
(in Dos)
cd C:\ms4w\apps\mapserv-demo\data
ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File" lakespy2.Tab lakespy2.shp
I then adjusted the ITASCA.map file to reference the newly created Tab file
instead of the shape and the querying then no longer worked for that layer.

This is good in some ways as I guess its a MapServer issue rather than the
add-ons.

However with reference to the first point you make would you be able to
offer any more advise as I am uncertain as to what/how to do what you
describe.
"make sure GDAL/OGR is accessing your file properly (testing with the
ogrinfo command on your old installation version and with your new
installation GDAL version, and compare the ogrinfo results) "

If anyone can help I would be very grateful

Thanks

Andy