[mapserver-users] RE: Problems with Query Template (Chameleon)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 4 08:56:35 EDT 2011

On 11-05-04 9:07 AM, Andy Hird wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I have ruled it out from being a chameleon issue - as the issue still occurs
> when using the ITASCA demo.  to replicate I created a tab file using ogr2ogr
> ie:
> (in Dos)
> cd C:\ms4w\apps\mapserv-demo\data
> ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File" lakespy2.Tab lakespy2.shp
> I then adjusted the ITASCA.map file to reference the newly created Tab file
> instead of the shape and the querying then no longer worked for that layer.

Hello Andy,

I am not sure what is happening for you.  I just installed a fresh MS4W
version 3.0.2, then created lakespy2.tab as you did, and then modified
the itasca.map file to point to the tab file (using the mapfile example
from http://www.mapserver.org/input/vector/mapinfo.html), and I am able
to query the tab file in the Itasca application.

Note that if you are stuck on something you can always contact a
MapServer service provider like us that offers professional support for
MapServer.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna