[mapserver-users] CLUSTER object with GROUPs and FILTERs

Christy Nieman cnieman at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 4 10:33:21 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the new CLUSTER object.  I have a feeling that
I'm just expecting things to work differently than they do, but wanted
to confirm.

If you have a CLUSTER object with a GROUP expression in it (e.g. GROUP (
'[type]' = 'car' ), the Cluster:Group feature attribute evaluates to
true or false.  Makes sense.  Now, is there a way to make it so that a
grouping by attribute value happens?  i.e. if I have data with vehicle
types in it and want the data to be clustered by type - car, truck and
van for example - is there a way to do this without having three layers
where each one has a GROUP expression for each vehicle type?

Thanks,
Christy