[mapserver-users] RE: mapserver-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 12

Lopes, Jose (AAFC-AAC) Jose.Lopes at AGR.GC.CA
Mon May 9 10:13:05 EDT 2011

Hi Jeff,

I was looking at URL http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html  ...

They seem to refer to the same version but the information is not the
same as in the URL you provided.
I am using MapServer 5.2 with WMS 1.1.1 but I think the same tags should
work since they are defined in WMS 1.1.1 dtd as well.

Thanks Jeff,
(from a beautiful sunny day on Upper Canada)

Joe

Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 11:39:22 -0300
From: Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] Getting the <identifier> tag in a
WMS
	GetCapabilities response fromMap Server
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org

Hello,

I believe what you are looking for is available in MapServer 6.0
(described in the development version of the WMS Server doc:
http://www.mapserver.org/trunk/ogc/wms_server.html#reference-section)

I think the metadata tags you need with MapServer 6.0 are:
   - wms_authorityurl_name,
   - wms_authorityurl_href
   - wms_identifier_authority
   - wms_identifier_value

-jeff
(hello from a beautiful sunny day on the East coast)

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 11-05-06 11:26 AM, Lopes, Jose (AAFC-AAC) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I though this would be an easy thing but it didn't work I cannot
>     find any instruction on how to set this (sorry, newby MapServer
>     user...).
>     I added a "wms_identifier" "myIdentifier" to the .map file in the
>     layer METADATA section.
>     Also tried adding an IDENTIFIER element in the LAYER section.
>     But when I call GetCapabiliites there is never an Identifier tag
in
>     the response.
>     Any hints please...
>     Thanks,