[mapserver-users] Question on rfc 86

Josh Hevenor jhevenor at rogers.com
Sat May 14 12:15:18 EDT 2011

This may or may not be relevant but reading RFC 68 got me wondering.

I have an application that has shape file data for lakes. There are
different shapefiles for data with higher accuracy that are used with
scale ranges so that only one is drawn at a time.  Specifically
something like lakes_1_1m, lakes_1_250k, lakes_1_50k.

I'm really looking for a way to show one LAKES layer in the application
legend instead of 3 layers, two of which are always out of scale. Can or
should I use a UNION layer to connect these layers? What other approach
should I consider?

Thanks for the advice,

Josh