[mapserver-users] Question on rfc 86

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat May 14 15:21:00 EDT 2011

Josh,

The union layer always retrieve all features from the source layers
regardless of their visibility. This is because the source layers are hidden
in most cases (STATUS OFF) to avoid the duplication of the features drawn.
However the desired scale range (MINSCALEDENOM, MAXSCALEDENOM) could indeed
be taken into account when accessing the source layers, by using a minor
change.

BTW: How the legend is drawn in your case? As far as I know mapserver draws
only the layers in the scale range by default.

Best regards,

Tamas