[mapserver-users] Question on rfc 86

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon May 16 08:40:45 EDT 2011

On 11-05-14 03:21 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> However the desired scale range (MINSCALEDENOM, MAXSCALEDENOM) could
> indeed be taken into account when accessing the source layers, by using
> a minor change.

If that's not the case already then I think MINSCALEDENOM, MAXSCALEDENOM
from the source layer should be taken into account by default with UNION
layers. i.e. when one sets up a layer with min/max scale, it is normally
because the data is not appropriate for use at other scales, so I see no
reason to expose via in the union layer outside of those scales either.

My 0.02$

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/