[mapserver-users] Problem scaling symbols (ships) to their real size

Jana Golinowski jgolinowski at codematix.de
Wed May 25 03:18:42 EDT 2011

> This might be a bug.
>
> You could test using sizeunits instead of symbolscaledenom
> as a workaround:
>
> sizeunits meters
>
> And then specify the height of the symbol in meters.
>
> Håvard

I think I could solve it. Using SIZEUNITS without SYMBOLSCALEDENOM isn't enough.
In that case the symbols are not scaled but that's what I need.

Changing MAP->PROJECTION to the projection of those layers (EPSG:4326) fixed the
problem. Now the symbol sizes are ok for WMS request in metric and geographical
systems.

Greetings, Jana.