[mapserver-users] mapserver6 (was 5) postgis connection problem

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri May 27 11:28:01 EDT 2011

On 5/27/2011 11:24 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 05/27/2011 04:36 PM, Carlos Ruiz wrote:
>> I can see a "sssst" password (5 chars) with Geoserver test and a
>> "*******" password (7 chars) with Mapserver test, are you sure
>> that you're using the same password ???
> The sssst is just me hiding a password. And if that was the problem, the
> command line calls would have failed also?
>
>> Also, if you're using HBA, you have to do the Geoserver and the
>> Mapserver test in the same machine because the ip address.
>
> both database, mapserver and geoserver are all on 1 virtual machine.

Richard,

The only other things that I can think of that might be going on is that:

1. are you running selinux? try disabling this to see if the problem
goes away

2. that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in apache does not include the libraries
that are getting used at the commandline. or that you have multiple
copies of the libraries installed, some from rpms and some from what you
compiled and different stuff is being used under apache vs the commandline

-Steve W