[mapserver-users] SLD and Mapserver

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 31 14:06:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

  It is not yet possible to use directly sld styles in a map file. We
have discussed that a couple of times but It is still in the wish list
for future versions. If you are interested to see that sooner than later
and might be possible for you to contribute toward it's development,
let  me know.

best regards,

On 31/05/2011 12:18 PM, luis peinado wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm using mapserver as a WMS server and I try to use an SLD file to
> render my map, instead of the usual CLASS and STYLE labels.
> I've succeded using an SLD parameter on my querystring but I can not
> get the same result removing the sld url from the querystring and
> writing it into wms_sld_url paramenter (into LAYER metadata tag).
>
> I have done that as told here:http://mapserver.org/ogc/sld.html
> But it seems that wms_sld_url is only useful when using mapserver as a
> WMS client.
> I would like to render my maps using SLD files instead of the STYLE
> label to avoid programming on my client application.
>
> Have you got any idea?
>
> Best regards.

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst