[mapserver-users] How to join to a MDB database for display on my map?

boesiii boesiii at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 11:22:58 EST 2011

I have a polygon shapefile showing parcel outlines and an access database
containing owner names.  I would like add a layer displaying the owner name
but after reading the MapServer documentation "You cannot use joins to
affect the look of a map", I realize this is not possible.

Is there any other way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Is there an OGR/GDAL command line function that will export the table from
the MDB to DBF file?

I know I can join the files together using ESRI ArcGIS but was hoping to
leave the files in the original format because the data is maintained by
someone else.