[mapserver-users] Re: traffic queues visualization

knasia knasia at poczta.fm
Sat Oct 1 09:59:09 EDT 2011

Hi,
the data I have in database:
-nodes (which represents crossroads),
-edges (each edge is between 2 nodes) and there is more than 9400 edges in
DB
-number of cars on each edge (I don't have exact car locations)

So there is a lot of cars in a DB.
My roads are composed of nodes and edges. In case of a curved road I have 2
nodes and geometry for a particular edge.

My task is to reprezent traffic in a city as real as possible. That means if
it's feasible it would be great to have some cars (reprezented by points
etc.) closer to each other next to the node (crossroad) and incease distance
between them at the end of the road.

Thanks a lot for helping me :)
KN