[mapserver-users] Re: Feature wish: Internal mapfile variables

reholl reh2 at prodigy.net
Mon Oct 3 14:39:08 EDT 2011

I'm interested in working on capabilities along these lines.  Are there
existing RFCs that touch on this?  If not, perhaps one should be created.

This overlaps some configuration ideas I've been mulling over.  From the
original comment here about internal vars being handy for "/when the same
layers are re-used for several customers who like to have a bit different
styling for the same source data/" it occurs to me that a matrix or some
other constructs more complex than a flat list of internal variables might
be called for -- provided they don't turn the mapfile and internal mapserv
into spaghetti..

Jukka Rahkonen (have I ordered your name properly?), do you want to start an
RFC on this?

To anyone -- would this conversation typically migrate over to 'dev' ?

Robert Hollingsworth

I agree that this is a request that comes up often. As usual we'd just
need someone to lead the effort.