[mapserver-users] Extraneous "Default" Layers

SixDegrees paulcarlisle at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 12:03:38 EDT 2011

This may be a problem with QGis, but I may be missing something in my
Mapserver mapfile. The mapfile contains a number of layers, each with a
GROUP name. There are roughly 500 layers and a dozen groups.

When I load the mapfile via WMS, I see a list of group names. Clicking on
any of these opens it, and a list of the layer names is seen. I can click on
a layer name and load it. So far, no problems.

The layer names themselves, however, also expand when clicked, and contain a
1-item list named "default". I would like to get rid of this list entry; it
serves no purpose, and confuses users. Selecting it also loads the named
layer.

I don't see that there's anything in the mapfile that would cause this;
groups aren't nested, and there is no explicit "default" name anywhere in
the file. If anyone knows how to get rid of this, I'd enjoy hearing.

Thanks.