[mapserver-users] Extraneous "Default" Layers

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 6 22:03:47 EDT 2011

On 11-10-05 12:03 PM, SixDegrees wrote:

> The layer names themselves, however, also expand when clicked, and contain a
> 1-item list named "default". I would like to get rid of this list entry; it
> serves no purpose, and confuses users. Selecting it also loads the named
> layer.

I didn't double-check in QGIS, but I'd suspect the "default" entries are
WMS STYLES. In WMS, each <Layer> has at least one style called "default"
by default (this is implicit in the WMS spec, not explicitly listed in
GetCapabilities). If that's what QGIS is showing you then there is not
much you can do about this from MapServer's end.

You could confirm this by creating named styles in your WMS (i.e. set
GROUPs on some of your classes just for testing) and see if they show up
at that same level in the QGIS interface:

http://mapserver.org/ogc/sld.html#named-styles-support

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/