[mapserver-users] bug in mapscript colorObj ?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 6 11:21:18 EDT 2011

On 11-10-06 05:11 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> problem is, that the COLOR object is *not* written to mapfile, when one
> of the RGB components is set to "-1"
>
> It can be seen in the script, I send in my previous e-mail and, I
> created ticket to this
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/4042

I checked and confirmed that there is a bug in the mapObj.save() method.
However, the behavior that we got confirms that the -1,-1,-1 value is
properly accepted and set by MapScript. Please see ticket #4042 for the
full story.

With similar code in PHP MapScript, I am able to get a red outline with
transparent fill on the reference map. I'm not setup to test with Python
myself, so I'll leave it to someone else to investigate if you confirm
that you still cannot get a red outline with transparent fill on your
reference maps.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette