[mapserver-users] problem with MapServer as WMS client

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Oct 16 16:00:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

Have you tried to do it like it is suggested in the documentation http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_client.html?

LAYER
  NAME "country_bounds"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms?"
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326"
    "wms_name"            "country_bounds"
    "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
    "wms_format"          "image/gif"
  END

Thus no PROJECTION for the layer and only EPSG:4326 in wms_srs.  EPSG:900913 must be included in the MAP level "wms_srs" but that should be enough.

Including name of the remote mapfile into CONNECTION string is OK.
Perhaps addind DEBUG 5 into your WMS layer definition writes the request into log file but I do not know. Try and see if it helps.  At least you can run some local proxy like Fiddled and let it log the web traffic. In that case you will need to add wms_proxy_host and wms_proxy_port into layer metadata.

-Jukka Rahkonen-