[mapserver-users] problem with MapServer as WMS client

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 18:28:12 EDT 2011

On Oct 16, 2011, at 3:00 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to do it like it is suggested in the documentation http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_client.html?
>
> LAYER
>  NAME "country_bounds"
>  TYPE RASTER
>  STATUS ON
>  CONNECTION "http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms?"
>  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
>  METADATA
>    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326"
>    "wms_name"            "country_bounds"
>    "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
>    "wms_format"          "image/gif"
>  END
> END
>
> Thus no PROJECTION for the layer and only EPSG:4326 in wms_srs.  EPSG:900913 must be included in the MAP level "wms_srs" but that should be enough.

That was it. Thanks.... no PROJECTION for the layer, and only EPSG:4326 in wms_srs. Additionally, I was too smart for my own good and had set the TYPE to POLYGON. I guess it should be RASTER because, from the perspective of MapServer, it is getting back an image, no?

> Including name of the remote mapfile into CONNECTION string is OK.
> Perhaps addind DEBUG 5 into your WMS layer definition writes the request into log file but I do not know. Try and see if it helps.

I did bump the DEBUG level to 5, but that doesn't show the WMS calls.