[mapserver-users] problem with truetype symbols

knasia knasia at poczta.fm
Mon Oct 17 10:05:01 EDT 2011

Hi,
am trying to draw an arrows on the line on my geometry.
I have manage to draw arrow using vector type (from
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/one-way-roads-drawing-spaced-arrows-td1995303.html):
a)
SYMBOL
    NAME 'backArrow'
    TYPE vector
    POINTS
        0 1
        1 0
        -99 -99
        0 1
        1 2
        -99 -99
        0 1
        4 1
    END
END

And it works, but when I try to use truetype it doesn't work (nothing
appears on the map)
b)
SYMBOL
    NAME "fwdArrowFont"
    TYPE truetype
    FONT verdana
    CHARACTER ">"
END

Do I need any additional code or so to make it works?

Second question:
My arrows  (draw as in "a)" ) are horizontal.
My task is to distinguish 2 directions of each line from geometry (1st: from
node a to b and snd: from b to a) and draw arrows along the road at the end
of each line.

How can I do this?
How can I draw them along the line?