[mapserver-users] Styling (classes) based on zoom/extent?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Oct 19 06:38:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

Visibility by scale is controlled with MAXSCALEDENOM and MINSCALEDENOM at LAYER level. Pretty easy. I am never trying to calculate at which scale the change happens, it is much faster just to try and check the behaviour with a WMS client. For example, for rendering a layer between nominal scales 1:100000 and 1:1000000 use
LAYER
    MAXSCALEDENOM 1000000
    MINSCALEDENOM 100000

-Jukka Rahkonen-