[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver Projection Errors

SixDegrees paulcarlisle at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 13:58:41 EDT 2011

The layer projections are in Proj.4 format, as indicated above. The map-level
projection is simply "epsg:4326", as is the map-level wms_srs as already
noted. The epsg:4326 definition in /usr/share/proj/epsg is:

# WGS 84
<4326> +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs  <>

which looks OK to me.

Again, the XML returned by GetCapabilities shows that the bounding box for
each layers is being calculated according to the layer projection in cases
where they differ from epsg:4326, and the maps themselves display OK,
without generating any errors.

For the most part, the files in question do not contain EPSG codes we can
insert directly into the layer projection block. In a couple of cases they
do, and when we put, say, "epsg:32638" in the projection block, the
resulting image looks exactly the same as it does when the Proj.4 string is
use, but it doesn't throw the error when GetCapabilities is called.