[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver Projection Errors

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Oct 19 11:37:36 EDT 2011

The error you get is "projection not named", my best guess is that you'd
get this because a projection definition is used that has an invalid or
missing "proj=..." value. (Unrelated to ticket #2028)

Something to try: compile the list of all EPSG codes that are advertized
in your GetCapabilities and for each one make sure the proj=... value in
the definition in the "epsg" file is valid. Also look out for missing
spaces in the definition in the epsg file which was the source of a
similar error in the following thread:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/New-EPSG-added-but-Projection-Error-td3131630.html

Daniel

On 11-10-19 09:37 AM, SixDegrees wrote:
> Thanks. I read through that thread and tried one addition to my mapfile -
> 'ows_srs" "EPSG:4326"' - but the error persists. All other suggestions were
> already in place.
>
> It is definitely happening on the GetCapabilities request - I can reproduce
> it by simply making that request directly through the browser - and one
> error is reported for each layer. Inspection of the returned XML shows no
> errors, and the bounding boxes for the layers has been reprojected correctly
> when it differs from the advertised map-level 'epsg:4326'. The layers
> themselves seem to load fine, without any errors.
>
> So perhaps this is a spurious message, although the thread seems to suggest
> that it was fixed prior to the v6.0.0 release and I am still seeing it.
>
> --

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/