[mapserver-users] mapcache in a cluster

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:08:46 EDT 2011

Andreas and Thomas

Thanks for you responses,  I have discussed this with some of our IT
staff and they had similar solution as Andreas using gfs.  Their
comments are below:

"I suspect this scheme is not reliable over NFS. The problem is the
directory updates are not synchronized across multiple nodes. I had a
similar issue with the IMAP E-mail protocol. Our workaround currently
is to force each user to leverage a single server.

Ref:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/NFS

Seems like there's some tweaks to disable directory attribute caching
but this can trigger slower performance.
Only workaround is to use GFS which I found to have it's own issues. "

Regards