[mapserver-users] mapcache in a cluster

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:19:38 EDT 2011

So, this discussion inspired me to completely rework the locking
mechanism in mapcache, to stop relying on file locks which have their
quirks on network filesystems.
I have tried using multiple apache instances configured to used a
SMB-mounted lock directory and hammered both instances on unseeded
identical area to force locking, and ended up with absolutely no
duplicate wms requests or failed requests for the clients.
The code is committed in trunk. Thanks for bringing this up, this
allowed me to really simplify the locking code and remove a lot of
unneeded stuff :)

--
thomas