[mapserver-users] Re: mssql2008 plugin not working / failed to load dynamic library

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:34:14 PST 2012

Julia

According to your first letter (and by making sure you use mssql instead of
mysql) I think you should modify the mapfile including the correct
connection parameters.

Regarding to the issue of  " the procedure entry point msSmallMalloc could
not be located in the
dynamic library libmap.dll" this looks like an older version of libmap.dll
is used actually, which may not be compatible with the mssql plugin.

BTW: With the current approach, connecting to mssql via OGR provides better
performance than using the mssql plugin. This is because the plugin forces
to convert the geometries to WKB at server side with is less efficient than
retrieving the data in the native SqlGeometry/Geography serialization
format.

Best regards,

Tamas