[mapserver-users] OGR and MSSQL non-specific error

Anzel, Phil - NRCS, Fort Collins, CO Phil.Anzel at ftc.usda.gov
Sun Feb 26 14:36:25 PST 2012

Hi, Tamas,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. It works (with a pair of follow-up questions)!

Here’s what I used:

    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION 'MSSQL:server=xxx;database=Navigation;uid=yyy;pwd=zzz’
    PROCESSING 'CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER'
    DATA "select ShapeGeometry, State_Abbr from NAV_STATE
          where ShapeGeometry.STIntersects(
            geometry::STGeomFromText(
              'POLYGON((-126 22.2048396890436, -66 22.2048396890436,
                        -66 51.1696997878088, -126 51.1696997878088,
                        -126 22.2048396890436))',4269)) = 1"
    LABELITEM 'State_Abbr'

1. Note that I omitted the “tables=…” as it appears that naming a specific table would interfere with connection pooling if I’m using many layers drawing data from different tables. Do I understand the role of the “tables=…” incorrectly?

2. I added the explicit spatial filtering (STIntersects…). Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks again,

- Phil