[mapserver-users] UTF-8 right to left text

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Feb 26 21:11:39 PST 2012

Hi,

Did you know that the fresh Spatialite-gui (v. 3.0.1) can import data directly from Excel?

-Jukka Rahkonen-
 Ian Walberg wrote:

> Steve,

> Many thanks for getting back to me.

> We have built with that version of fridibi and do get some text labels
displaying correctly.

> The source data is from an excel spread sheet which we export to CSV and
import into the SQLite DB.

> The plan tomorrow is to find a couple of good and bad labels and follow
these through to see if we can find where there are differences, I
looked last week at the hex codes for a good and bad name but did not
come to any clear confusion.

> Does fribidi need  RTL code to display the text correctly? Do you know
how to decode that from the hex?

> Regards

Ian